09 August 2011

Lake George Highlights {part II}


Martha's Dandee Creme is some seriously good soft ice cream. I'd say it gives Abbott's a run for it's...




Buby the bombshell at Water Slide World.




I ordered a SMALL mango-pineapple/keylime cream scoop from Martha's, and this is what I got {after several big bites off the top}. Buby the surfer dude.



The whole family went Lazy River tubing. Ollie sat on my lap through two surprise waterfalls.



The tidal wave pool reminded me of Disney World on my 16th birthday. And by the way, My Sweets was supposed to be photographing our children {in the water with me}.



This is my brother, my father, my husband, my son fishing on Tripp Lake. So fun!



The five year old blew up 15 balloons {could not believe!} and handed them to us to tie knots.



Several times during the trip My Sweets stood in awe of how well these two get along. We hope they always remain the best of friends.



Roasting part of our dinner over open fire.



If you're in the area, stop by this place for fresh meat. We bought the best steaks on the last night.



If the kids say "dig a hole," Uncle Billy digs a hole. Oh, and my dad jumped in the lake once with his jeans on just to amuse the children.



After tooth #2 poked through on day #2, this one was all smiles. Per usual.



I see so much of her in him, and vice versa. There is a sweetness for which she doesn't often get credit.



The house had several pair of binoculars and a huge telescope for our use. Excellent idea.




Fireworks every Thursday in July and August. My mom gifted each of the kids a back-to-school box, and they spent the whole week imagining and crafting from two bar stools by the window.




Ollie Bear loves the sand and was really great at keeping it out of his mouth. Poor Buby desperately wanted to catch a fish. As you can see, it didn't happen.



Again, they came back empty handed. Just look at those faces :-)




Bleu socialized down by the water every afternoon.




Another incredible source for local meat and all things smoked.




T
his is my only clear-ish shot from the Painted Pony Rodeo. {Remember... all I had after Monday was my super bad backup camera.} Bleu enjoyed the horses immensely.



There was a heated debate over the new jumbo vs stacker mallows. Have you tried either?



The swings at Tripp Lake beach showed me that we have three kiddos now. Bear is hardly a baby.



Who could ever forget our l-o-n-g, h-o-t, s-u-n-n-y walk to Pirate's Cove.







Note: I failed to photograph my dad's infamous dip in the lake, or the foosball table with which we ALL became obsessed, or my mom's cherry pie and brownies, or the three motorcycles all lined up after a ride. Booger!


Tomorrow I'll post the last of Lake George, our afternoon at Fort Ticonderoga.



1 comment:

Grandma DJ said...

again what a beautiful place!! love it!! love you forever