26 April 2011

Shrinky Dinks













Have you ever heard of Shrinky Dinks? I hadn't seen this type of color/bake/shrink/play set until the other day when a birthday package arrived from Bleu's God mother Debbie. {P.S. She always finds the cutest things.}


Buby and Bleu spent the whole afternoon coloring all 50 pre-cut garden accessories using the Faber-Castell EcoPencils that came in the box. The colors were so rich and saturated. I baked them at 350 degrees for about two minutes et voila. The pieces magically shrunk, solidified and turned 3-D. I never took an "after" shot, but trust when I say they turned out beautifully. We attached as many pieces as we could to our pop-up fairy garden for hours and hours of make-believe fun.


You can find the set we used
here. I was shocked to see the manufacturer's recommended age for this craft is 7-15, because my 3 and 5 year olds totally rocked it no problem. In fact, I think they are the perfect ages for it.
{I handled the baking, obviously, and they know not to put tiny figurines in their mouths.} Thanks again, Debbie!


No comments: