12 January 2010

Working Hard or Hardly Working?











It wasn't exactly take-your-kid-to-work-day. And if I had to guess, it was the blonder of my boys calling all the shots that Wednesday before New Years. Buby's camera came back with more pictures of Rock Center, Cartier, FAO, and the subway than of the inside of my husband's office. But they swear to me they were hard at work. Oh, and did I mention the impromptu staff pizza party at lunchtime?


Anyway, ever since last August Buby has been begging to go back into the city with Tom. He loves to wake up early, put on a tie, ride the train, play boss man, and sneak out for milkshakes. {I guess the best milkshake guy ever has a stand right outside Tom's office.} Buby loves anything that is Daddy... and work is definitely part of Daddy.


Last time My Sweets surprised Buby with a handful of snazzy ties from Century 21, Buby peaked inside the empty bag and asked, "Is there a suit in there for me, too?" There was not. But Santa remembered to leave one under the tree. It's a charcoal pinstripe from the Sean John line. {P. Diddy's line, if you can believe that.}


My Sweets chose a particularly slow day between the holidays. I think half the staff was out. I packed Buby a bag with coloring books, mini puzzles and thin paperbacks. He sat at the round conference table in Tom's office while his dad tended to business. I'm so thankful to My Sweets for opening up Buby's world and for treating him to these experiences. I can only imagine how cool it is for Buby to watch his daddy work. He's his hero, ya know.





3 comments:

Maria Jordan MacKeigan said...

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS POST!!! FOR EVERY WORD AND FOR EVERY PICTURE!!!

Unknown said...

So perfect I love my nephew

Grandma DJ said...

what memories for this little man!! so cute and so blessed!! love you forever