14 January 2010

He Said







On our way home from swim practice tonight, responding via speaker phone to Grandma DJ's suggestion of someday flying down to Florida with her.



DJ: Maybe in a few years?


Buby: When I'm a daddy. But first I need a wife. And a mommy to take care of all my children. Will I come without Mommy and Nola and Daddy?


DJ: If they say it's okay.


Buby: So... if I come for a few days I'll need someone to watch all my children.


DJ: Your mom will be their grandma... she can watch the kids.


Buby: Someday when I'm older I will marry you, Mommy.


Me: Me?


Buby: Yes, because Daddy married you and became a daddy. So I want to marry you so I can become a daddy, too.


Me: You can. Or... maybe you'll meet another girl and fall in love and want to marry her.


Buby: No! I want to marry you, Mommy! Just like Daddy married you. And I want to live with you and Daddy forever... at home... even when I'm a daddy with my own children.


Me: Okay, Bub. You can live with us forever. You and all of your children. Heehee.


That's when I explained to Grandma DJ that once ~ must've been two months ago now ~ Buby and I were chatting and I nonchalantly began a sentence with "One day when you're all grown up and in college..." Who know it would ignite such a fiery. Right then and there Buby declared that he would never move out. He'd live with us forever. I promised he could. I also promised he wouldn't want to. I explained how awesome it is to travel, learn, grow your world. Too much for a four year old?


[Side note: Photo above taken today. This is Buby wiping his dry lips right after licking them. A brand new habit.]




2 comments:

Grandma DJ said...

i love the trail of thoughts little ones take you on!! love you forever

Uncle Billy said...

That is the cutest thing ever....miss you guys