25 July 2008

Artist Revival




Buby is back in his 'studio' after a brief sabbatical. We suspended our daily art sessions ~ and some other pretty well established chunks of our M-F ~ while My Sweets was on paternity leave. It was forever Saturday and we were off gallivanting as a family. As we should. But now that it's just me and the wee one(s) again, we're inching our way back to a semi-predictable routine. Buby thrives on knowing kinda sorta what to expect and when. He + I do an art or craft. {Tomorrow is sock puppets.} He helps me cook at least one thing. {Today was fudge brownies.} We dance + play instruments. We read + quiz each other. We go out rain or shine. Every day. I realized we can still do all of this and include Bleu. Our boy loves to CrEaTe, and maybe a lil' bit of that will rub off on our girl. All I know is it's a scrumptious way to start the day. Buby painted this natural wood frame blue + brown for his Daddy's office. I put out every color and this was what he chose for My Sweets. Wonderful.


3 comments:

Grandma DJ said...

you make the best treasures to keep buby!! great art work!! love you forever

allison said...

I'm so glad we'll be seeing Buby's artwork again. He's got real talent. If I put all of those paints in front of my daughter, she'd have dipped the brush into every single color. And then she'd smear it all onto her fingers. Yes, she'd have a good time, but my point is how careful Buby is with his painting. I love it!

Lilypad Mom said...

Great painting Buby! LP is with Munchkinetta, all colors should be mixed and wiped all over her belly if I've taken her shirt off. I'm always amazed at how precise Buby is with his painting.