21 August 2007

Glossies, Part I




I just love how magazines feel in my hands. How they mix timely and timeless, information and inspiration, know-how and questions. How they keep me company on every plane and train ride during my lifetime. How I can find one last-minute on every corner in NYC. How they can be saved or recycled and pages torn out for various filing in binders. How they are forever changing, always competitive, and fighting so hard for your attention in a world saturated with media and Blackberries and back-to-back meetings. I love that I work in magazines and have a legit excuse to sit and read anything I want. Research. My list of favorites is long. My list of guaranteed reads is short. Here are my baby and toddler publications. Baby Couture is new... fancied the premiere issue. Fit Pregnancy I got hooked on while prego with Buby. I used to read every issue, back-to-front, at my drs. appointments. It's good long after baby arrives. The best part: Each of these mags has a totally awesome website you can get lost in, so check them out.

1 comment:

allison said...

Cute post. Where do you keep all the magazines? Pass them on? Pull them apart? Giveaway? I struggle with the clutter of magazines, though I love when new ones arrive in the mail. Will there be a Glossies, Part II?