21 August 2007

Objects May Appear...


Classic car shows are way KEWL!! Buby's into race cars, Jeeps, motorcycles, and anything slightly resembling rusty old tow trucks named Mater. My Sweets is fascinated with closeups, like these ones taken Sunday. For him it's about capturing the body and shape of a vehicle, where the metal meets the glass, where the lights take on a life all their own. Zooming allows a car's personality to come through. For me it's about memories of Wednesday nights at Carmine's with my Dad. We used to go to see the hot rods, mustang convertibles, and vintage Ford pickups. One of my big career aspirations as a little girl was to be a Carmine Cutie, essentially a waitress on roller skates. Who wore very short shorts and served things I loved like french fries and milkshakes. To oldies music. On Wednesday nights, these women seemed all powerful.
This car has nice big round eyes.

This one has an expressive brow.
This one is frowning.


This one has an old-fashioned compass quality.

1 comment:

allison said...

The frowning one is my favorite. Such clever angles in the photos! Well done.