20 June 2013

Father's Day 2013

 


 




It's our little tradition to hike or bike as a family every Mother's Day and Father's Day. We had no plans to do so this past Sunday though, since we would be busy exploring Portland. But at some point during an afternoon drive outside the city we got turned around in a random neighborhood and happened upon an entrance to the woods. It was at the end of a private street but looked public enough. My Sweets turned to me and said, "Wanna hike?" Everyone shouted YES and we piled out. 


Aside from a brief meltdown by Bleu (who wanted a sweater that I said we couldn't go back and get), the next hour was golden. We walked, climbed, jumped, skipped, collected and investigated through moss and mud. I dare say it was a magical forest that refused to break tradition.



 

 


 P.S. My beloved suede ballet flats barely survived.

No comments: