13 September 2012

Party Like a Pirate (Details)


The same Starbucks frapp glasses I used for Bleu's strawberry-themed party last Spring, but I made them look pirate-y with patterned paper from Michael's and the skull + bones stickers from our eye patches.



Eye patches, skull + bones necklaces, hairy moustaches, and tattoos for all.



Stand-up wooden pirate men to color/craft. The kiddos were too busy running to pay any attention.

A large glass cylinder filled with Bosc pears and Gala apples.



I stock up on basic colorful frames for my children's artwork, and I use them for party menus as well.



My homemade granola and toppings bar. The kiddos were too busy running to pay any attention :)



I decorated five tables under the river pavilion, each in a different combo of black, white, red, burlap.



Buby unearthed this big glass prism in a golden treasure box hidden in the creek bed.



I'm a fan of the whole Spritz line (available at Target), but these napkins were the only pieces I chose to use.



A jug of plain water and a pitcher of water and frozen raspberries. Guess which one all the boys wanted.



Twelve bandannas in three designs and a chunky skull + bones ribbon that I sort of love.



A sweet rendition of Caption Hook, courtesy of Buby.



Brown paper covered oatmeal canister telescopes (Buby's invention) and the ridiculously yummy chocolate treasure-map cake by Randy and Josh at our village bake shop. They rock!


Not shown in this post: The golden treasure box I made and filled for Buby; the wooden pirate ship he painted; these inflatable swords; the personalized treasure hunt bags; my gluten-free fudge brownies with pirate flag picks; and the two chalkboard jars I found ($6.99 at Christmas Tree Shops) and filled with nugget pretzels and Pirate's Booty. Those were the surprise hit of the party!


No comments: