22 November 2011

Matchbox + Shag






I keep running into these two photos on my desktop. I took them last month during a quick trip Upstate. They remind me of Grandpa J's farm. Of the old wooden treasure box he keeps under his dining room window sill. Of the little metal cars inside that My Sweets and his bro cherished as boys. Of how Buby and Bleu burst onto the scene the second we arrive to zoom zoom those cars over wall-to-wall shag.


By the way, I didn't mean to fall off the grid. My nights have been mostly unplugged due to extra-quality time with My Sweets and a super wakeful teething/nose-running/nursing baby. Plus some baking, overnight guests, holiday prep, and household must-dos. All good things, but I'm waaay behind on email correspondences, blog posts, etc.


If I'm not online again before Thursday, Happy Thanksgiving to all of you! My parents will be arriving tomorrow and staying through Sunday. So excited. And thankful...


No comments: