25 September 2011

Melted Crayon Art





Today we experimented with a little melted crayon art. I've wanted to do it ever since I saw this post and the super happy results. Buby and Bleu love art and science {what kiddo doesn't?}, and I knew anything rainbow on canvas would look lovely in their bedroom.


We opened a fresh stack of 12x12 canvases that Buby received for his birthday {thanks, Madison!} and an old 64-count box of Crayola. I dumped them onto the table and asked the kids to sort by color. They did a fabulous job. We set aside all the blacks, browns and grays and then taped each section to the top of the canvas. I know other people use hot glue guns, but packing tape is faster and easier if you ask me.


I put the blow dryer on high and handed it over to Buby. We all had a turn. The end product certainly doesn't look as clean and organized as the inspiration, but it was a whole lot of fun. And in less than 10 minutes we had new wall art.



Note: Melted wax is awful to clean, so make sure you use paper towels. I may or may not {hi sweetie!} have made a mess on the deck.





















1 comment:

Grandma DJ said...

Very cool!! Love it!! .. Love you forever