15 September 2008

Birthday Cake





You can't tell from this angle, but I made Buby's cake using the Wilton's Dimensions Large Cupcake Pan {thanks again, Allison!}. It's the size of a regular party cake in the shape of a ginormous cupcake. Cute, right? I frosted it with no-sugar-added butter cream and colored green, blue, red and yellow bands around the sides. My handiwork was a bit sloppy since I had Bleu on my left hip and it was my first time using decorative tips. {I know, I can hardly believe it myself.} I sprinkled sugars over the top and anchored the extra long corkscrew candles with Lifesaver gummies. For the play date party we also frosted vanilla cupcakes and put out a smorgasbord of toppings for the 4 big kids to decorate their own.

Buby was thrilled to have a cake, let alone one designed with his Bubylicious-ness in mind. All weekend he declared, "I had LOTS of colors on my birthday cake!" to anyone who would listen. The conductor. The waitress. Kids in line. He really liked.

2 comments:

Maria Jordan MacKeigan said...

what a fun idea!!! can't wait to see more pix of the birthday boy! And birthday boy's sister :) and his mommy and daddy too of course!!!

Grandma DJ said...

"it has lots of colors" was the first thing buby said to me about his birthday cake .. great job mom!
how wonderful it is to see the wonder of life again through the little ones' eyes
.. love you forever