11 August 2008

Bleu's Brunch





Alas, some of my photos from Bleu's baptism last Sunday. My Mom + Dad hosted a wonderful little reception after. The rain held out and we had about 25 people back to the house for a breakfasty bite to eat. My mom is the best cook. Comfort foods are her specialty, and that day someone even said she had a "Magic Oven." Though we adore this place we call home, I often wish we lived in Family Land with the rest of 'em just so I could pop by her house anytime I have a hankering for mac & cheese or goulash or tuna noodle casserole.





It was bright + early, so the menu was simple: French toast casserole, sausage croissant sandwiches, ham steaks, chocolate chip muffins, blueberry muffins, danish in flavors of lemon, cheese, cherry, peach + apple, mini cinnamon buns, and a ginormous fresh fruit bowl with watermelon, strawberries, pineapple, peaches, grapes, blueberries, raspberries, and cantaloupe. We picked up a whipped cream and custard cake from Wegmans {our fave!}, and Bleu's Aunt Melissa brought some cupcakes from her party the day before. Let me know if you want the recipe to any of the homemade dishes. My mom will share.





A great little time was had by all. Thank you for your efforts Mom + Dad. We appreciate you.


2 comments:

Triple the Love said...

It was a great brunch! Yes, your mother does have a magic oven. And yes, we wish you lived closer too!

Alana Goldstein said...

When I met your mother I thought she was so sweet, but this takes the cake. She is amazing!!!
Would love the recipe for the french toast dish.