08 August 2008

Baptism Keepsakes




01. Monogrammed sterling silver cup from Reed + Barton. It came out so lovely. Buby received a cup on his baptism from Grandpa J., too.





02. Rosary. Aunt Judy bought it at the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception and had it with her when she was blessed by Pope Benedict XVI on his visit to Catholic University. It is so special that she + Uncle Jim gave it to Bleu.





03. The Magic Hanky. A gift from my Godmother Kathy at my baby shower... for Buby. It didn't fit him, so I kept it in a safe place and pulled it out for Bleu almost three years later. The note with it reads...


I'm just a little hanky, as square as square can be.

But with a stitch or two, they made a bonnet out of me.

I'll be worn from the hospital or on the Christening Day.

Then I'll be carefully pressed and neatly put away.

For her wedding day so we have been told.

Every well dressed bride must wear "something old."

So what would be more fitting then to find little me.

A few stitches snipped and a wedding hanky I'll be.

But if perchance it's a boy, someday he'll surely wed.

So to his bride he can present something once worn on his head.





04. Bleu's first piece of jewelry that was bought for her. How cool. This little cross necklace is so dainty + perfect. Thank you Uncle Mike + Aunt Melissa.





05. A gorgeous cross-stitch for Bleu framed alongside her baby photo. Thank you to Grandma DJ for the gift of things made with love.





06. Debbie {Bleu's Godmother} included this "Angels" wall plaque for Bleu's nursery. I think angels did dance the day she was born.





07. A bible from Uncle Billy + Aunt Lauren. Books make wonderful gifts, and Bleu will treasure this one.



08. The supersoft pink blanket I photographed all of these items on. Crystal + Jason gave it to Bleu along with the cutest outfit.

6 comments:

Triple the Love said...

What beautiful keepsakes for such a special event.

Maria Jordan MacKeigan said...

How come you have the curcifix upside down? :( You should be getting a little something from Nena to Nola too!

Buby + Bleu said...

Ahh, I fixed. Thanks. I was so sleepy eyed when I posted I didn't even notice until Tom pointed it out.

Lilypad Mom said...

What wonderful gifts.

Mommy said...

I LOVE the cup! Everything else is beautiful, too!

Alana Goldstein said...

Beautiful gifts Bleu. I love the silver cup!