07 August 2008

The Belly Dancer


Bleu's first time waking up on her belly, 8.6.08

Typically I am the only reason I don't get any sleep. I busy myself with late-night projects and regret it come 6:30 a.m. when I need to be Queen Energy. But our babes... they are superb sleepers. Or were.


Last night I put Bleu to sleep on her back {as I always do} and kissed her goodnight. As soon as I got into bed she woke up screaming. She had rolled onto her belly and decided it wasn't any fun. I ran in, flipped her back onto her back, kissed her goodnight and left. She was happy. 20 minutes later she rolled onto her belly and screamed for help. Weird... she loves tummy time during the day. I ran in, flipped her back onto her back, kissed her goodnight and left. This played out at least six times between midnight and 3:00 a.m. I can't leave a babes to fuss. Never could. So I just rocked her to sleep in my arms until they were numb, and the last time it stuck. She drifted off with a smile.


As soon as I fell asleep {around 3:45 a.m.} My Sweets heard Buby scream "Mommy! Mommy!" from his bedroom. Huh? He says Buby just stood up out of bed, marched down the hall into our room like he was on a mission and jumped into bed with me. That was a first. Two hours later I walked into Bleu's room to check on her and she was sound asleep. On her belly. When she heard my camera turn on, she found her thumb and went back to sleep for another hour. I'll continue to put her to sleep on her back, but I'm intrigued to see what happens tonight...


3 comments:

Triple the Love said...

We noticed the girls slept way better on their tummies at about 6 weeks so we started tummy naps and moved into tummy at night. They slept through at 8 weeks so it was a good move for us! We didn't do it without some initial guilt and fear and random checks. Our pediatrician commented on their nice round heads at one visit and said good job with the tummy time! I thanked her then confessed that we put them to sleep on their tummies. They liked to tuck their legs underneath and hike their bottoms in the air. Now they just sprawl everywhere but still on their bellies.

Mommy said...

Weird. Buby screamed "Mommy, Mommy!" around the same time Reagan fell out of her bed and started screaming. He must have sensed a disturbance in the Force...

Alana Goldstein said...

I am with Bleu on this one. I LOVE to sleep on my stomach! That was one reason I lost sleep when I was pregnant.