17 June 2008

L+B's Zootopia


Lauren + Billy happy to push the double stroller for me.


Photos from the kids' trip to the zoo last week with Aunt Lauren + Uncle Billy. Actually, it is less zoo and more wildlife refuge, so don't expect much in the way of elephants, tigers or giraffes. But the trails are invigorating, there are 3 cutie patootie brown bears worth the trip alone, and it's surrounded by some pretty spectac mountain scenery complete with a lake for fishing + boating, room to picnic, hiking trails, a playground, and a historic merry-go-round {which we are sad to report is only open on weekends}. I packed turkey + provolone sandwiches, peaches, and water. We ate, did the zoo, watched the boys fish while I nursed Bleu on a bench and talked all things baby with my future sis-in-law {she is the coolest!}, and then climbed rocks {a passion Buby + I share} while waiting for My Sweets to meet up with us on his motorcycle. It was a relaxing good time.







2 comments:

Lilypad Mom said...

We will have to check it out soon. The bear is adorable, but not as cute as Bleu.

Grandma DJ said...

very cool outing with the family .. love zoos!! love you forever