10 December 2007

Twinkle Drives



Buby and I like to drive around this time of year to "OOH" and "AHH" at all the lighting displays. When there's a big one coming up {like moving reindeer inside a snow globe}, I shout out whose side it's on and watch Buby frantically switch gears! I love hearing him say "WOW, MAMA, LOOK!" or "REALLY PRETTY!" Last night was supposed to be extra groovy. Our village was scheduled for a Starlight Festival and tree lighting ceremony, and Daddy was home to join us. We loaded into the car around 6PM to head to the ceremonies. Not 3 minutes later, I turned back and Buby was sound asleep. Totally out. Suddenly it went from raining to pouring. But we're hardcore, so we pulled into the festivity site twice to see if it was still happening. We had nowhere else we needed to be on this Sunday night, so My Sweets and I decided to keep driving. For about an hour we drove up and down side streets just catching up and admiring the Christmas spirit around us. We laughed a lot! And Buby slept through it all. This is my favorite tree in our village. It just sparkles.

2 comments:

allison said...

I can't believe he fell asleep on the Twinkle Drive. But I'm glad that you guys kept going. I know that tree and I, too, love it. Great photo!

Lilypad Mom said...

I'm sorry the light festival got rained out and Buby slept through all the lights. But it sounds like it turned out to be a really special night for you and Buby's Dad. That is a beautiful tree!