05 May 2007

Rock On


This wonderful rocking chair is from Buby's Uncle Billy & Lauren. Genius, I say. All the vehicles--train, airplane, car, truck, motorcycle, fire engine--are attached to the wood via Velcro. Buby loves to play musical chairs with the wooden cut-outs, zoom zooming around [you can cue appropriate noises now] until they happily land on yet another square of Velcro. I know a lot of love went into making this chair for Buby. The basic materials are available at the local crafts store, and it's an idea worth passing on. The snazzy seat was in Buby's bedroom until just last week when he lugged it single-handedly from one side of the room to the other. Then Mighty Strong Fella stood by the door with chair in hand, huffing and puffing and waiting for me to open the door. I said, "Do you want me to bring this downstairs?" Crazy head nodding. I guess that's affirmative! "Do you want it in the playroom?" YES! Now he crawls into it, turns back and grins ever so mischievously.

No comments: