22 October 2007

Gallery: Weekend Adventure



Saturday was an autumn spectacular like no other. If you love the Fall, you'll appreciate my photos! If it's not so much your season, get outside and breathe in the brisk air. Catch a falling leaf. See the sunlight hitting the highest branches of the tallest trees. It's more magnificent than words.

Friends Matt & Alicia ventured up from the city for what would be Buby's first major hike in the mountains. We started with a general sense of direction but, in retrospect, never inquired about distance! If I'd known it was 10+ miles until we'd see civilization {or a restroom} again, I never would've gone... being more than 3 months pregnant with a 2-year-old in tow. But I'm so glad we did. Buby was amazing! He walked a good distance on his own, and we took turns carrying him the rest of the way. There was no concept of time or proximity to the real world, and that was okay.

It started raining shortly after we'd veered onto a blue trail short-cut. Steep slippery rock cliffs are scary when you're holding a kid, so we headed back to the main trail. Buby's Daddy and I both have foot ailments now. But Buby happily hiked for like 6 hours straight without as much as a complaint. We were hungry and thirsty and a bit sore, but Buby was a delight. Just thrilled to spend a beautiful afternoon outside I guess. It didn't hurt that he was crushing on Alicia.


As far as the eye could see...


My guys hiking. I can see many years of this.

One of my favorite views. The red leaves were gorgeous.


Looking down over one edge.


What a beautiful state!

Jump!!


Always look up.

Buby leaves me to catch up with the gang.

Alicia lends support to a hesitant Matt.

Daddy climbs sideways.

Buby has a few rock climbing ideas of his own.

At the risk of giving my mom a heart attack {she's always reminding me that I'm preggers!}, I really wanted to climb these rocks. I'm a good climber. Even now. I got up faster than both of the boys.

Hi Mom!


Hold me tight! It's a long way down.


Back on the trail.

T-shirt weather in late October.

3 comments:

Triple the Love said...

Stunning photos! Fall is also my favorite season- crisp nights, changing leaves, football, and wonderful clothes...

allison said...

Great, great photos. I love that you climbed the rocks, and I know you were very careful. It sounds like it was a perfect fall day for you guys.

Alana Goldstein said...

I recognize your hiking spot... it is one of our favorties. You remind me of myself this summer about five months preggo hiking Acadia with BP and BP's Daddy. Probably not Dr. reccommended, but lots of fun!!! The pics are gorgeous.