29 August 2012
What a (Pirate) Boy Wants
Our oldest child is clever, sweet and sensitive. He has an imagination we all treasure, and right now it wants for a lot. Lately I've observed him sneaking off with paper and a pencil anytime he thinks of something new to add to his ultimate "Inventions Wish List."
In two weeks Buby will turn a whopping seven years old. I can totally believe it. Aside from a pirate parrrty in the woods, he would like the following (in his own words):
- Magic powers suit (with buttons, so I can pick who I want to be each day. The suit should be blue.)
- Glow-in-the-dark marble run (I will never sleep again)
- Magic wand (for real magic; not a toy)
- Tickl-enator (a robot that allows me to tickle people by remote)
- Rainbow-enator (a machine that shoots rainbows into the sky)
- Anything robot (one robot that can do anything in the world, like cook all my favorite foods)
- Spirit book (with a keyhole and good magic tricks inside)
- Pogo stick (are these dangerous, Mom?)
- Geodes and a geode cracker (of course!)
- Super speedy suit (to be the fastest person alive!)
- Jet pack/mechanical flying wings (first trip: wherever pirates live; second trip: The North Dakota)
- Pet fish with an underwater camera (like a fish TomTom that just knows where I am)
Other wish lists have included: Golf course, real kitten, balloons, and a happy sister. I can deliver on the balloons. The sister is a work in progress :)
Walking around the village in pirate gear; addressing invitations to his 7-year-old mateys.
Edit: Buby will receive geodes (from us) and a magic set (from the cousins). Anyone know how to shoot real rainbows into the sky, on command?