15 March 2012

Free Day






School is out until Monday for teacher conferences, so the littles and I had a whole unhurried day to ourselves. We slept in until 7:30 and enjoyed breakfast in our pajamas. I had a shower (woot!), and then we took off for "zoo mountain" with friends just before 10.


All together there were 11 of us walking the park {four moms and seven wee ones}. None of us was prepared for the freezing air and gray skies, but it was so worth it to watch our kiddos run-play-climb-giggle-lunch together. I left feeling grateful and refreshed for a few hours outdoors with friends.


At home I read some books aloud and whipped up a creamy chicken corn chowder with my Bleu. She's been asking to cook with me lately. Yesterday we made pizza, and after dinner tonight we created our own apple-mango sauce recipe. Ollie Bear held it together through cranky hour--which is incredible--and bedtime went smoothly. I couldn't ask for more.


1 comment:

Grandma DJ said...

These are the best days !! Love you forever