18 August 2011

Onions, Anyone?





Honestly, I haven't paid much attention to what has come out of our garden this year. The planting, tending and harvesting has largely fallen on my boys. They are the more natural green thumbs, plus my days right now are heaping with everything that is three small children {including one non-sleeping infant}.


My Sweets inevitably sets a handful of dirty carrots on our kitchen counter as he walks in the door from work, and I love him for it. He braves unpicked-up dog poo late at night and paves his way into our weed-filled garden with a freshly pressed Hickey Freeman on. That, my friends, is a farmer at heart masquerading as a suit.


Buby is pretty on top of it as well. He provides me frequent unsolicited updates on the well being of our green tomatoes, hot peppers, Brussels sprouts and more. See the variety of onions he pulled up one evening? We've been using them in everything we can think.



1 comment:

Grandma DJ said...

can't beat garden picked .. yum!! love you forever