22 August 2011

Art Camp





I apologize for the lack of consistent posts. We have been busy living it up this summer, and now I find myself prepping for back-to-school. Eeks! The big day for our three and five year old arrives September 6. Stay tuned...


There is much catching up to do {here and elsewhere}, but for now I'll leave you with some photos I took of Buby and his bff Grace on their last day of Art Camp. We are so fortunate to have a wonderful gallery and studio right near our home, and it offers a series of morning art camps for children ages 5 and up. Buby's class was all about color. He studied Kandinsky and Piet Mondrian. He mixed paints, made color wheels, sculpted and kept a fantastic art journal that I will treasure always.


Taking this class was Buby's idea, but I knew he'd enjoy it. About a month ago he mentioned to me that he would like to be an archaeologist and an illustrator when he grows up. Or maybe an archaeological illustrator, he pondered, who goes on digs and then illustrates the results for the world to see. Who says that? Well, Buby does.


We'd walk into the house after class each day, and immediately he was off to sketch in one of his handmade picture books. The most imaginative stories ever told in crayon. I'd invite him to build something with me, come see Ollie's new trick, or dance-party with Bleu, and he'd respond "Still working... be there as soon as I finish!" After emerging he'd say to me, "It's like I'm addicted, Mom. Addicted to drawing. I just love it."













1 comment:

Grandma DJ said...

great creations!! love you forever