31 December 2010

Buby's Gift to Himself






One day Buby got the urge to build something from scratch. I found him excitedly rummaging through my craft closet for wood and glue. He said he wanted to make a house for his animals, particularly the horse.


I didn't have what he needed, so the next day on our way back from somewhere My Sweets pulled into a Michael's parking lot {love that store!} and Buby and I hopped out. Two minutes later we were back in the car with two small bags of cut wood. I had no idea what Buby intended to do with them.


At home he asked for assistance building a "strong foundation." My Sweets secured the floor and two sides with wood glue and clamps and told Buby to wait until it was dry. Meanwhile, he raided my craft bin again and came down with Popsicle sticks, red and white paint, buttons {I think leftover from our '09 ornament project}, mini bulbs, and glittery pipe cleaners.


The next two nights Buby came home from school and went straight to work on his house, adding little touches here and there while Bleu colored and I cooked. As soon as he was finished he stood up said, "Yup. It's perfect."



1 comment:

Grandma DJ said...

this is great buby!!! i love the way you create and build!! such vision you have .. love you forever