15 December 2009

Photo Gallery: Winter Concert







12.10.09



Oh yeah. Buby had a great night last Thursday. He sang his heart out in front of his entire school community. Five whole songs, including "Something's Missing," "It's Hanukkah Time," "Reindeer Pokey," "Santa's Elves," and "Hear Those [school] Bells."


His favorite song, the one he rehearsed around the clock, is "Something's Missing." It seems to have cemented his obsession with snowmen. I go to bed at night chanting "Once there was a snowman... he looked rather sad...." It's a catchy tune.


Between this year {so far} and last, Buby has performed/appeared in six shows at his school. There's a class play, a Halloween parade on stage, a winter concert, and a spring recital. As a parent, these nights are pretty awesome. Like bring-me-to-tears awesome. Last year we could hardly see Buby's mouth move. His hands were locked at his side. He was up on stage, but not quite comfortable. Not yet. Understandably. I'd be a wreck up there. This year it's a whole other story. He's confident and loud and really relishes the moment. Though I must note that his stage face is still quite serious. All business.


Watching his classmates perform was equally gratifying. Buby's friend Kathryn kept shouting, "Mommy, did you like the concert?" IN THE MIDDLE OF the concert. Can you say CUTE? His bestie Jon was the most animated performer I've ever seen. Alexa kept waving to her mom + dad, who sat right behind us. All of the kids did an amazing job, made us laugh, made us cheer.


Thank you to My Sweets for showing up early and snagging us front-row-center. Bleu had her own seat, and that alone kept her happy the entire time. She love music.


After the concert we took Buby to his favorite place on earth... Barnes + Noble. The children's section there is ginormous and the shelves filled with every book on his have/want lists. He shared a piece of carrot cake with My Sweets, indulged in a Starbucks hot cocoa with whipped cream {a post-concert tradition now}, and then perused to his heart's content. My Sweets read him a handful of books, and then we headed home. We didn't buy anything, and I love that he doesn't ask. He's just content to be there, surrounded by literature, for as long as we'll allow.





3 comments:

Maria Jordan MacKeigan said...

Those are some special moments I'm looking forward to in my Nena's life...some day, GW! I don't know how I'm going to not be with her 24/7 though...I can't imagine it! These are amazing pics of Buby, he's so cute! And Bleu was so attentive, I bet she's so proud of her big bro!

Grandma DJ said...

looking so handsome buby!! and quite tall!! i can't wait to hear your songs .. miss you all!! my favorite place to spend time too!!love you forever

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.