05 November 2009

He Said






Today at the salon... with his hair stylist/girlfriend Danielle.



Danielle: So... What are we doing today? The usual?

Buby: I need you to cut my hair. I couldn't see the TV. I was trying, but there were cracks in the screen. It was my hair in the way.

Danielle: {Laughing} Oh, we don't want that now.

Buby: No. It was Playhouse Disney.

Danielle: Tell me. How was Florida?

Buby:
It was fun. I swimmed in the ocean. I loved swimming in the ocean, but the salt water hurt my eyes.

Danielle: Ugh. Yeah, it can do that.

Buby:
Larry gave me four lollipops. Larry is Grandma DJ's neighbor, and he gave me FOUR lollipops!

Me:
Sweetie, those were called ice pops. I think.

Buby:
Ice pops? Oh. I loved them. Yummmm.

Danielle:
I bet it was warm.

Buby: Yes, it was. I was HOT, but the... Mama, what did you call those things again?

Me: Ice pops.

Buby:
Right. The ice pops cooled down my mouth. But if I wanted to cool down my whole body I had to go in the pool.

still Buby: You should get one of these for Thanksgiving {talking about Danielle's Halloweenish kid smock}.

Danielle:
You're right. I should.

Buby: And then one for winter. Because winter comes right after Thanksgiving. And then comes Christmas. You know... I use scissors at home to cut paper.

Danielle:
You do?

Buby:
Yes, like turkeys. I can cut turkeys.



{Note: We have never cut turkeys, but give us a week.}




1 comment:

Laura said...

I love his train of thought!