03 December 2007

i heart



this weekend...
i love the sight of: snowflakes falling from the sky, a fastball coming right at my camera lens, all 3 of us sitting down to dinner at a reasonable hour {Little Dude at the head... no highchair, no booster}, Buby creating his own artwork and making gifts for others
i love the sound of: our little chatterbox talking to his Little People about odd little things {like... "YOU FELL OFF THE TRACTOR MICHAEL, BUT YOU'LL BE OKAY"}, Buby breathing in his sleep with his forehead pressed against mine, a calm "MAMA, WHERE ARE YOU?" coming through the monitor at 6:30am, Buby randomly declaring "MEAT GOOD!" while eating pork last night
i love the scent of: Mexican rice simmering on the stove top, croissant rolls in the oven, HOT coffee brewing on a cold winter day, my shirt after crouching down to water the Xmas tree, oranges, freshly pressed linens, 4 loads of clean laundry out of the dryer for me to fold
i love the taste of: Thai take-out that we drove an hour to get, pancakes drizzled in twinberry syrup, crisp bacon, 2% milk {when I'm pregnant}, cereal, Zachary brand reindeer corn {which I shouldn't have eaten}
i love the feel of: Buby's Daddy kissing me goodbye when I'm half asleep, Buby and I cuddling in my bed in the early morning hours {trying to delay fully waking until it's light out}, Buby studying and tracing my face with his fingers, wrapping gifts in snowman paper, backing up our computer files for the first time since February {deleting is still scary though!}
image: flickr

3 comments:

allison said...

You made me laugh out loud with backing the computer files. It's so hard to delete, isn't it? Nice list. It's cute how Buby talks to his Little People. What kinds of gifts were you making? Anything you can show here?

Maria Jordan MacKeigan said...

I love your list, how fun! I know what you mean too about deleting anything, I have like a million copies of pictures backed up and it's still hard for me to delete, hubby gets so annoyed with me and my pictures :)

Alana Goldstein said...

oops I commented in the wrong spot, sorry! I love your lists! one of my favorite things about your blog.