20 November 2007

Buby is Thankful...



"Dear God, I'm thankful for my health and happiness. My mommy and daddy. My baby brother or sister. My grandmas and grandpas. My aunties and uncles. My cousins, AND all my friends. I'm thankful for a house to live in. A bed to sleep in. Food to eat, AND clothes to wear. I'm also thankful for my books and toys and classes, which help me to learn and grow. Amen."

This is one of Buby's 3 bedtime prayers. It's simple. He hears it every night and knows it by heart. When Buby was teeny tiny, I also started reading P.K. Hallinan's "Let's Be Thankful" to him before bed. It was a gift from Aunt Mary & Uncle Bill, and it has become a classic in our house. Buby and his friends were all signing "thank you" long before they could talk and are pretty good about remembering to say it now. So I suppose one thing for which we're thankful as parents is that Buby is healthy and knows what it is to be thankful. As much as any 2 year old can.

image: google

1 comment:

Grandma DJ said...

AMEN!!!! thank you thank you thank you .. LOVE YOU FOREVER each and every one