13 November 2007

Little Big Boy: Day 2



I went in to check on him last night and just couldn't resist going back for my camera. Yesterday was another delightful surprise! Buby's first nap in the new bed was a whopping 3 hours long. I was down the hall in the office the whole time expecting him to wake up. When he finally did, he yelled "JENNY!" Just Jenny. Just once. I opened the door to find him sitting up in bed with a book in his hand. He jumped up and threw himself into my arms. I sat down on his bed for a moment, and he jumped back in to cuddle. We talked about how proud Daddy and I are of him. His response... "YES!" "Do you know how much we love you?" His response... "YES!" We went downstairs to make lunch.

Last night, I think I read all of his favorite books twice. He was still whispering to himself when I left. Within 3 minutes he was asleep. He woke up smiling at 7:15am. Right before bed, I always tell Buby what's up the next day, and he holds me to it. This morning I asked "What are we doing today, Bub?" He responded "PRESCHOOL, LILY, SWIMMING." Yep.

5 comments:

Triple the Love said...

CONGRATULATIONS BUBY! A big boy bed is such a milestone- glad to hear you're taking it like a pro!

Mommy said...

Wow! Congratulations, Buby. And Mommy and Daddy; this is your victory, too! Way to go , fam!

Grandma DJ said...

what a cutie .. growing so fast!!
love you forever

Lilypad Mom said...

He is so cute in that bed.

Buby + Bleu said...

UPDATE: He only napped 35 minutes yesterday and not at all today. So I guess the bed is random. 2 good days, 2 not so much. So we'll see what tomorrow brings.