21 September 2007

Soup for a Week




This morning marked the beginning of Soup Swap, a soup exchange suggested by my friend Allison. Once a month, we all cook up enough homemade soup for four families and then exchange at a playdate. The idea is genius... if you have freezer space and love soup. We have two freezers and absolutely no space, so we'll be sipping soup for a week. Yesterday while Buby napped I ventured into unknown territory and adapted a Sweet Corn Chowder & Potato recipe from Food Network guy Tyler Florence. My kitchen was crazy messy, and I might have left my husband {the real chef in Buby Land} an idiotic message or two relating to mincing or dicing. Whatever. We had it for dinner, and it was DELISH! Today we walked away with a French Onion, a Red Lentil, and a Spicy Curry Lentil {or something like that}. We're psyched for soup and sandwiches later in the day.

images: google/kraft foods

No comments: