03 May 2007

Magazine Marvel


As a mom who is also a magazine editor, I'm forever picking apart the latest family-friendly publications--what they do well, and what (in my opinion) they don't. But this information junkie has one too many paper piles in her office, so I peruse parenting periodicals in grocery stores, book shops, and doctors' offices instead. I have one kid, and he's 19 months old. I skip right to the section that applies to life in Buby Land... and it's a short read. Until now, that is. Discover the premiere issue of Toddler magazine on newsstands now, the first one written specifically for parents of toddlers. The Spring issue attempts to tackle potty training, temper tantrums, the truth about organic, kiddie museums, room decor, teeth brushing, healthy recipes, teaching manners, and even some fab finds on the market. A lot to squeeze into 48 pages, and it begs the question (that so many launches do)... what's left to cover? It'll be interesting to see if the magazine makes it to its sophomore year. But in the meantime, I'm so happy to have one glossy just for us and this wild and wacky world of toddlerhood.

No comments: