23 May 2007

Charley Harper: An Illustrated Life


Buby & Co. is crazy in LOVE with this art book due out July 1st from Ammo books.

Charley Harper: An Illustrated Life is a celebration of artist Charley Harper's six-decade-long career. I thought I'd give you a sneak preview. Shhh! The publisher sent me advance pages (pitching coverage in my magazine), so I scanned in a few. These scans do not do justice. Harper is one of the best lyrical illustrators in America; his style aptly dubbed "minimal realism." At 84, still creating art out of his hometown studio in Cincinnati. His vast collections highlight our curiosities of nature, animals, insects, and people. All things Buby adores. And what an ideal match is author Todd Oldham, of course one of the coolest designers of our time... and a passionate fan of Charley's work. I love Charley and Todd and will share these images with Buby. They are graphic, vibrant, lively, and just so sweet for kids his age. Standard editions retail for $200 (you can pre-order by clicking here, and there are four luxurious large-format Limited Editions for $400 each. Ouch!) BUT if you click here, you can view ALL 420 pages online--and zoom in on individual illustrations. NOW are you happy I shared?


Cool Birds


Wild Kingdom


Nice Tiger

No comments: