02 November 2007

Mama Jenny


So my first name is Jenny. It was the most popular name for females born in the U.S. every single year between 1970 to 1984 {again, thanks Mom!!}. I'm telling you this because Buby figured out our first and last names a while back. And uses them regularly. But Daddy still gets to be "DADDY." I lost my premium status and became "MAMA JENNY" exclusively about a month ago. I'm cool with it, as long as I get to hear that sweet pie voice of his. But when we're out in the world and he's shouting "MAMA JENNY," I sometimes wonder if strangers think I'm mommy #2. When I ask him what is my other name, thinking he'll totally say Mommy, he replies "JENNIFER" and laughs. Smarty pants.
vintage lego shot: flickr

3 comments:

Mommy said...

I love when Reagan yells, "Fwank!" when she hears me say it. I have to remember to call him Daddy always. I know Jennys are very particular about what they prefer to be called (Jenny was taboo for my sister, Jen)..., but Mama Jenny's way cute!

Buby + Bleu said...

Well, my name's always been Jenny. At home, with friends, at school. But I suppose I introduce myself as Jennifer sometimes for work. And My Sweets has family who call me Jen.

allison said...

You're the only Jenny I know. It suits you perfectly. Shall I start calling you Mama Jenny now?