07 October 2007

Doo Bops Rock!



This weekend, a groupie was born. Buby's top band performed in New York City, and we scored some good seats for his birthday! Buby calls them "DOO BOPS" and was hooked from the moment we entered the arena. As soon as we saw Rooney, DeeDee and Mo rock out on stage, Buby's jaw dropped to the floor and his eyes teared up with joy. He didn't cry from the awe factor, but I did. It was amazing to watch him watch them with such intensity. Later on he got into his groove and started dancing on my legs and singing along with everybody else. {Yes, we know all the words. That will happen after so long with a CD on repeat.} The best part? Bus Driver Bob busting a move and Mo break dancing. Before the concert we spent a few hours catching up with our favorite big city. We ate lunch at our #1 Thai place... which I've been craving like mad! I used to eat there several times a week when I worked on Broadway & 50th. Buby sat at the table and devoured most of what Daddy ordered for him. The kid will seriously try anything.

Buby as Mo the drummer.

Who knew there were Doodlebop Dancers?!?

No, he's not happy at all!!

2 comments:

Lilypad Mom said...

He looks beyond thrilled. I love the hair Buby!

allison said...

I can't get over the orange hair! Hysterical!