18 October 2007

DIY Halloween Ornaments



Buby's Ornament Supplies:

  • Paint, markers, or colorful glitter glue
  • Precut wood in pumpkin, cat, bat, and ghost shapes {25 cents each}
  • Crayola Beginnings art smock {a bday gift from the Wright's}
  • Drill to create a small hole in the top of each
  • Pretty thread from the Martha Stewart collection at Michael's

Buby loves these squeezable paint pens from Crayola. I've always fancied glitter glue. But paint makes the most mess, so of course that's what we used!!

I bought 3 wood pumpkins for Buby's holiday tree... 1 for Buby, 1 for Mama, and 1 for Daddy. {Yes, I'm making Daddy decorate his own pumpkin ornament this year, and I can't wait to see what he does!!} Buby also painted the bat and scary black cat last night {which ended up blue with a little red swirled in}. As soon as Daddy and I craft ours, I'll post the finished products. We'll put our names on the front and the year on the back. Next October, Buby will be helping his 6-month-old sibling make their ornament.

This smock is pretty awesome at keeping Buby clean. BUT he took it off about halfway through, so I stripped him down to his diaper. He had purple, blue, orange, and green paint all over his body by the end. Thank God for baby wipes until we could get to the bathtub.

1 comment:

allison said...

Can't wait to see photos of the Halloween tree! I'm thinking of starting one of our own here. I love the idea.