23 October 2007

Sibling Prep



Buby sends out a big huge THANK YOU to cousins Sid & Lily for this fantabulous gift. The girls are not yet 3 months old, but they beautifully inscribed the inside cover with a message for Buby. I believe this is his first Berenstain Bears book. I grew up watching the holiday specials, and I know Little Dude will adore the characters and illustrations as much as I do. This edition is all about welcoming a new baby into the family. It's perfect timing for Buby, used to having the universe revolve around him.

The series also has titles that address things like moving houses, visiting the dentist, junk food, too much TV, talking to strangers, stage fright, manners, bad habits, mama's new job, going out for the team, nightmares. They are so skinny and fit on Buby's bookshelf, so it's one to collect.



We bought this book for Buby shortly after we found out we were preggers. It's absolutely lovely, and I recommend to anyone who is expecting again.



"Babies" by Gyo Fujikawa is a classic. I added this to our collection before we were pregnant with Bleu, because I knew I'd want it. It's a beautiful reminder for toddlers what it is like to have a newborn in the house.

3 comments:

allison said...

I had a collection of Berenstein Bears books in school and my kids always loved them. Look in Scholastic flyers to buy them at great prices.

Triple the Love said...

We're glad you like the book !!(we're thankful it got delivered following our fiasco with the automated postal service thing...)What a great big bro you're sure to be!!!

Alana Goldstein said...

I have to look for What's Inside? it looks really cute.. Thanks for the reccommendations and I totally know what you mean about the universe revolves around them!! So true, So true!!!